There are many volunteer opportunities at the Senior Center. Volunteers help keep the costs down for many of our programs.
- The Mayor’s Advisory Council consists of community members who volunteer at community events.
- Fundraising efforts are held during March in conjunction with the national March for Meals campaign. We also operate a Christmas bazaar.
- Meals on Wheels makes use of volunteers to deliver meals to the home bound, elderly and physically challenged. The area served is Southeastern Box Elder County including Brigham City, Perry, Mantua, Honeyville, Bear River City, and Willard. All meals are prepared at the Center.
- Volunteers are always needed to help with our Outreach Programs, Phone a Friend and Friendly Visitors. Contact is made at least once a week with those needing extra socializing. If you can help with these programs, please make your initial contact with Tammy Hadley at the Senior Center.
- Several people help create many beautiful items for sale at the Senior Center’s Gift Shop "Treasures Under Glass". The materials for the projects they complete are provided at no cost—they donate their time and talents. There are many quality items for sale throughout the year.
- Box Elder Golden Spike Senior Services [BEGSSS] is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization. BEGSSS sponsors the Annual March for Meals BINGO nights in March. This event has become a popular annual tradition with the community. The evening of Bingo, food and prizes provides a good time as well as raising money for the Meals on Wheels program.
- BEGSSS also accepts old car donations known as the Wheels for Meals program. Proceeds are donated to Meals On Wheels. Your donation is tax deductible. If you have an old car you would like to donate, please contact Nancy at 435-226-1451.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Tammy at 435-226-1454.