History of Light and Power
Around 1891, Oliver G. Snow and L.T. Pierce were granted a charter to construct and operate an electrical plant. This was the beginning of the Brigham City Electric Light Company, a private enterprise.
In 1902, the City appointed a committee to investigate the possibility of a City-owned electrical department. In 1904, Brigham City purchased a power generator and located it in Box Elder Canyon. In 1922, the City's needs increased and the electrical department constructed a new power plant at the present day location. This was sufficient until 1931 when arrangements were made with Utah Power & Light to purchase additional power.