Brigham City works hard to improve the quality of life in our community. Improper property maintenance and nuisances can devalue, detract, and degrade the quality of any neighborhood. Our neighborhoods are the environment in which we live. Recognizing the importance of protecting the environment, the City has adopted codes that govern the use and maintenance of all properties. Code Services enforces codes that are designed to maintain a healthy, safe, and clean environment, carry out land use policy, and preserve the quality of life standards that residents and businesses enjoy in our community. We invite you to join us in this effort to improve our community.
What are common code violations?
- Vegetation encroaching into sidewalks and streets.
- Improper height or placement of fences.
- Inoperable or unlicensed vehicles.
- Junk, debris, and salvage materials.
- Failure to maintain vacant buildings.
- Illegal advertisement signs.
- Installing over sized sheds, and fences without a permit.
- See Common Code Violations Brochure for more information.
How property owners can enhance their neighborhood and avoid common code violations
- Pick up litter, trash and debris on the property.
- Take trash out on the morning of collection day.
- Refrain from parking on the curb, park strip, sidewalk, grass or lawn.
- Remove and eradicate nuisance weeds and overgrow vegetation.
- Keep sidewalks free from snow, ice, weeds, and other obstructions.
- Mow grass regularly throughout the property including front yard, side yards, and back yard.
- Mow against buildings, fences, or other structures, and along property lines.
- Mow to the edge of the roadway or between the sidewalk and roadway.
- Store items not intended for outdoor use inside the home or garage.
- Keep property and premise safe and free from dangerous conditions.
- Keep exterior of buildings and fences in good condition.
To report a concern contact:
Brigham City Code Service
20 North Main Street
Brigham City, UT 84302
or report online by clicking here
To report vehicles illegally parked on sidewalks and streets:
Police non-emergency telephone: (435) 723-5227