Skip Navigation Website Accessibility

Getting Started

Applicants interested in starting a home occupation business, please see Title 29.30 Home Occupations for standards and allowable uses.   



How do I register my business with the State?
How do I apply for a Tax ID?
How do I apply for a sales tax number? 
Do I need a State occupational or professional license?
Who do I contact for a
Health Department permit?
Any brick and mortar establishment serving any kind of
food that is not pre-packaged needs a permit to operate
from the Bear River Health Department.
Do I need a permit from the Department of Agriculture and Food?
All businesses selling prepackaged foods, plant nurseries, home cottage businesses that prepare and package food, beehive/honey production businesses, farmers markets, and food labeling must contact The Department of Agriculture for a permit.


Businesses may also be regulated by the Federal Government, such as those dealing in alcohol, tobacco, firearms, hazardous materials or waste, radio, satellite and television communications, etc. The appropriate Federal offices should be contacted for assistance, if applicable.